Wednesday, November 8, 2017

Project Selection - Magazine

Graphic designing was always something that interested me. I specifically enjoy designing my own logos with shapes and text offered on Microsoft Word. Before taking AICE media studies, I took a class called DIT (digital information technology), this class took me through the steps on how to use the Microsoft programs such as Word, Powerpoint, and Excel, into mastery levels. Since taking this class, I've been able to create more complex designs which will help me create a magazine in media studies. The first exposure I had to print journalism in this class was by watching the movie All the President's Men. This movie was about two men, who work for the Washington Post, search for credible sources to crack the code on the Watergate scandal. This movie showed the environment of how a big newspaper company operated and the process on how they put out their articles. I learned that there are many steps in publishing an article in the newspaper; first, you have to back up what you claim with credible, on the record, sources and second, be the first to give out the information. These points were also presented in the series we watched in class called the Newsroom. A challenge in this project might be the process of getting uses to new editing programs such as Photoshop, however, once I learn the techniques, it will become easier.

No comments:

Post a Comment