Thursday, March 15, 2018

Creative Critical reflection Draft #1

During the beginning of this project I first began by researching magazines in my genre in which I chose Fashion. My research was composed of popular magazine companies such as GQ, V magazine, Porter, and Essence. What I did with these magazines was compare and contrast their covers, advertisements and table of contents to find conventions of fashion magazines. I found out that most of the magazines I researched had their title at the top of their cover either centered or to the left or right. Most magazines had their title at the top left corner of their cover. All the table of contents listed articles and feature articles with page numbers. Most articles had a dominate photo that cover most of the page as well as block quotes.

I both challenged and stuck with conventions in creating my magazine. In my magazine I challenged the way how most table of contents are made. Most magazines list all their articles with page numbers and a couple of images. I thought that this convention was too simple so I made my page numbers huge and offer a picture for each article shown on the table of contents.

My cover and my two page article however, stuck with conventions. My cover was inspired a lot by GQ magazine where they listed their article blips on the sides of the magazine and positioned there title in the top left corner like a lot of other magazines do as well.

Social groups that maybe attracted to my magazine are people who like keeping up with new trends of clothing. The target audience of my magazine are people of the age of about 20 to 50 years old.

No comments:

Post a Comment