Tuesday, January 23, 2018

Use of Conventions/ social groups

During my research of magazines I picked up a few key features that appeared mostly on all of them. Magazines such as GQ place their title at the top left corner, and magazines such as Vanity Fair placed their title centered at the top. Of the magazines that I researched most of the article blips on the cover were position on the sides of the featured model of the magazine. For the cover that created I used the technique GQ used by placing my title at the top left corner, I also placed my article blips on the sides of my model like how most magazines do. For the table contents, I tried to challenge conventions rather than stick with them as shown below.


















What I did was that I positioned and sized my pictures to stack from smallest to largest to make it appear like stairs. I also made the page number of where the articles can be found very large.

For my article I stuck to conventions by placing a dominate picture that covers about 25% of the page and placing the text below it.

Social groups that maybe attracted to my magazine are people who like to keep up with new trends of clothing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment